Alicia Whiting-Bozich’s litigation practice includes commercial disputes, business torts, restrictive covenants and trade secrets, contracts, creditor’s rights matters, and disputes relating to real property.
Ms. Whiting-Bozich also has extensive trial court experience representing investors, lenders, and loan servicers in contested mortgage foreclosures and consumer finance litigation. She has represented loan servicers in both state and federal court on claims involving the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, Fair Debt Collections Practice Act, Truth in Lending Act, and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.
Prior to relocating to Florida in 2013, Ms. Whiting-Bozich was an Associate at the law firm of Buckley King, LPA located in Cleveland, Ohio for seven years where she was an active member in both the Litigation and Financial Services Groups. Ms. Whiting-Bozich represented a broad range of clients in litigation matters, including defense of product liability claims and complex commercial transactions. She represented and advised financial institutions, leasing companies, receivers, commercial landlords, manufactures, suppliers, employers, and professionals.
During her last year with Buckley King, LPA, Ms. Whiting-Bozich served as counsel to individuals alleged to have received fraudulent transfers from an Ohio-based company suspected to have been operated as a large Ponzi scheme.
Real Property Litigation
- Selected as a Florida Super Lawyer Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-Present
- Selected as an Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine, 2012
- Cleveland State Law Review: Managing Editor of the Year, 2004-2005
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, CSU, Magna Cum Laude, 2005
- B.A., Oberlin College, 2001
- Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Federal District Court for Northern District of Ohio
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- True or False: Surrender in Bankruptcy Equals Waiver of Defenses in Foreclosure: ALFN Webinar on November 2, 2016.
- Presented on Recent Developments on Employment Litigation & LGBT: Centre Club, Tampa, Florida (August 10, 2015)
- Authored “First Circuit: State Did Not Waive Sovereign Immunity by Removal” (2012)
- Co-authored “Section 505-Determination of Tax Liability,” Norton Annual Bankruptcy Review (2006)
- Tampa Bay Inn of Courts: (2013-present)
- Florida Bar Association: Real Property, Probate & Trust Section, Trial Lawyers Section (2013-present)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association: Real Property, Probate & Trust Section; Diversity Committee (2013-present)
- HAWL (2013-2016, 2019)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2008-2013, 2019-present)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Tampa Bay (2019-present)
- Cleveland Association of Civil Trial Attorneys: President (June 2011-June 2012), Treasurer & Secretary (June 2010-2011), Program Chair (2009-2010)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association: WIL Section—Secretary/Treasurer (June 2012-December 2012); Membership Committee (2007-2010), Community Outreach/Advocacy Committee (2010-2012); Diversity Committee (2009-2011)
- Defense Research Institute: WIL Section—Publications Subcommittee (2010-2012)
- Asian American Bar Association of Ohio: Membership Committee (2010-2012)
- American Bar Association (2005-2012)
- Ohio Bar Association (2005-2011)
- William K. Thomas Inn of Court (2004-2008)
- RRR volunteer (2006-2008)